The coronavirus is keeping the world in suspense.

People are living in lockdown, training facilities are closed and countries have issued travel bans.

We thought we could wait until the end of April to make a decision about the World Championships due to take place in New Jersey in July this year.

As it turns out, with the virus progressing so fast and the situation changing by the hour, we do not have time to wait – we need to act now. In close co-operation with the local organisers in the US, and with great sadness, we have made a joint decision to postpone the championships until summer 2021.

We know that this will be difficult for all of you who have already booked flights, registered for accommodation and made plans to travel to the US, to support the athletes in New Jersey.

However, the health and safety of all participants is our highest priority, and given the current global pandemic, this was the only “right” decision we could make.

Our decision to postpone the World Championships will not affect our plans for the Team World Championships in May next year in Leipzig, Germany. This means that 2021 will be an exciting year with two major IRV events. You will obviously have many questions as a result of this decision and we will try to summarize some questions & answers on our website later this week.

The local organisers are currently checking all options to minimise the financial burden for those who have already registered for accommodation. In the meantime, you can use our social media channels or send us an email with any questions you have.

Watch Video statement HERE

For more information visit